Past Projects PDF (101 KB) »
- Stories Told By Heart, a YouTube channel of stories told with librarian-storytellers from University of Chicago Laboratory Schools
- International Research Society for Children’s Literature Congress, Stockholm 2019. “I’m Gonna Tell”, a paper as part of a panel of writers and academics represent children’s books in Ireland
- Our Place: Poetry Ireland and Arts Council N. Ireland Writers-in-Schools Residency. A creative writing residency with the P5 class at St Colmcille Primary School, Ballymena.
- ELSA Teacher Training Day. Workshops for the English Language Schools Assocation, Paris Teacher Training Day.
- Poetry by Heart, Paris. Adjudicator for high students’ poetry recitation competition, for students from state, independent, and international bilingual schools in Pars and France.
- ECIS Triennual School Libary Conference. Chennai, India Presented a paper and workshop on the positive effects on of frequent, regular story listening experiences in early childhood, when the story times are led by classroom teachers and school librarians.
- International Children’s Book Festival of Bologna IBBY Ireland Event Joint presentation with Jane O’Hanlon, president of IBBY Ireland and director of the Education Programme at Poetry Ireland: a talk and discussion on the importance of storytelilng in education and how it fits into the PI WiS philosophym, strategy and practice.
- IBBY CONGRESS Athens, Greece I presented “Three Jacks and a Queen” a paper analysing 4 Canadian picture books based on traditional Newfoundland Jack Tales, the books are by Andy Jones and Darka Erdelji